Wednesday, June 07, 2017

Dick Van Dyke Show

Took me a couple of months but I finally finished all 5 seasons of the show and wanted to give me review.

As some of you know, I love old TV shows. Andy Griffith and I Love Lucy are classic shows that never feel dated to me. So when I saw Netflix carried this show's entire run, I knew I had to give it a shot.

Though not as good as the previous shows I mentioned, the show did have a few laughs and serious heartfelt moments that surprised me for a "comedy" at the time. Overall, it's worth your time if you're like me but Andy Griffith and I Love Lucy are better so make sure you watch those first if you're squeezed on time.

Sad to know most of the cast is gone now since Mary Tyler Moore passed away earlier this year. Sally (the blonde in the pic), Dick Van Dyke and the kid who played his son are the only surviving members of the show left.

Sad to know but a little heartwarming to think of how some of the best times in their lives are still being shared over 50 years later.

No comments: