Tuesday, October 06, 2026

WalMart Pickup Scam


 I can't believe I gave this a 3rd chance. 

The first time I tried it, I received 3 messages my items were ready for pickup, only to be told each time, that they weren't. I ended up canceling the order after the final false alarm. 

I waited a year later and tried it again. Same issue. They told me it was ready but when I arrived told me it'd be a little longer wait because the order wasn't. After 30 min of waiting, I tried knocking on the door. When no one answered, I went inside and spoke to a manager. She said they'd closed for the night and I could pick up my order tomorrow. 

I got a refund, picked up my groceries there afterwards and went home. 

Recently (after everyone swore to me they've never had issues) I decided to give them another try. 

Same thing AGAIN. A message my order was ready. 20 minute wait. No one answering the phone. Then I noticed my app says my order was picked up and completed. 

I walked inside. Spoke to Customer Service. The said they still had my order in the back, but I had to drive back to the pickup spot to receive it. I waited 10 more minutes, then left and asked for a refund online. Except this time, they sneakily gave it back as a credit (since they claim I already got my items) and now there's an $8 surcharge on anything I try to buy now over the app. 

What a scam. Never using pickup option again. 

No comments: