Wednesday, October 07, 2026

The Silver Chair BBC (review)


 And so the story ends on a high!

Puddleglum was excellently portrayed and the entire adventure is top notch for its day as a children's show. As always, BBC took great lengths to ensure it stayed true to the novel. Really awesome series. 

I read why they didn't continue is because they thought The Last Battle was too dark and too expensive to put on BBC and I'm scratching my head a little at that reason. 

Why not continue with the Magician's Nephew and A Horse and His Boy? Both novels would've been made on the cheap since they don't call for many special effects. Plus as dark as the Silver Chair got at times, I can't imagine The Last Battle being that much darker for kids. Especially with the ending CS Lewis wrote. 

Either way, it's a shame they didn't continue this show. It was (and always will be) the best version of the books we'll ever see. 

No comments: