Tuesday, August 25, 2026

The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (book review)

Finished the first and more popular book published in the Narnia series. What can I say? It's a classic. Non-stop action for kids to enjoy. The story never slows down and is over before you know it. I'm knocking these down in a couple days each. Fast, easy, enjoyable reads. 

I still think about the BBC series as being the most true to the books. Whenever I think of the characters in my head that's who they look like. Though I have noticed CS Lewis probably didn't spend as much time world building as Tolkien did for his world. Mythical beast are thrown into the novel but not really fleshed out beyond just having them named. 

Other than that, very enjoyable read. Looking forward to taking the rest of these out in the next week or so. 
 

No comments: