Sunday, June 12, 2022

TI4 Game 7 break down


 Last night we played our 7th game of the year of TI4. 

I didn't think I had a chance, since it started off "them vs me" but right out of the gate the game changed rapidly. 

Instead wasting moves trying to take me out, they ran for the points. (smart) 

I used a "shield" play, where you follow behind the leader without passing them up too soon. Then as you getting closer to 10, jump him for the win!

It's not the first time I've tried that strategy. They didn't see me as a threat until I hopped into the lead. by then, the game was all over. Not only was I able to complete the 2 point Objective for the round, but I also had the power to steal a VP after the vote AND had a secret mission that could be completed just in case. 

Cementing yet another victory for the King of the Imperium.  

I will say this though...all the players now have gotten much better at it. And if the objectives and secret missions hadn't gone my way....I know I could've lost to at least 3 of them. 

My streak WILL come to an end and I'll happily shake the person's hand when that day comes.....hopefully in a few more years. : )  

No comments: