Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Big Games of days past (1)

 Thought today I'd start a series where I talk about old annual games I used to (or tried to get started to) play every year for a while. 

None of them are around anymore though I'd like to bring some of them back. 


The first one is one we never got started but made plans to do and it never worked out. A annual Tennis Tournament called "The Auburn Invitational" because it was going to consist of people from our church which was Auburn Avenue Pres. Church at the time. 

There were a few kids and adults who already knew how to play but what we quickly discovered was....there wasn't that many! I tried to learn it but sucked (as did a few other people) so the idea was scrapped when we realized we couldn't even get 8 to show up. 

Would I want to bring it back? No. If I couldn't play back then, I surely can't now.  

No comments: