Sunday, June 14, 2020

Self Propelled Salvation



For decades I've always wanted a self propelled lawn mower. When I was a kid mowing yards with a buddy of mine we pooled our money to buy equipment. Since he was doing the string trimming, I let him pick out the one he wanted and since I was doing most of the lawn mowing, I was to pick out what I wanted. 


That never happened. I wanted self propelled and didn't care what else it came with but that was a MUST for me. What we ended up getting was a bag mower with big back wheels, everything he wanted. I was pissed. 


When I got married I went out to get a self propelled mower on my own but the salesman convinced me it wasn't worth it and that I should get a new bag mower instead. 


Me: But I don't want a bag! Those things clog up fast without hardly getting any in the bag. 


Salesrep: Oh no! Not anymore! These don't clog up anymore and believe me, you'll love it. 


I bought it. I hated it. Not only did it clog up from the very start but it didn't have a side exit for the grass to come out. So it was bag, or get hit in the leg with grass. I mowed grass for 10 year under option number 2. Ruining several pairs of pants and pj's along the way. 


This spring I was set up to get what I wanted for decades. Self Propelled. And I did. 


I tried the bag it came with once. It clogged up immediately. (as expected) I threw it away the same day and haven't looked back! My self propelled is all I wanted! I don't use it constantly, only for those soft hard patches I have in the yard here and there. But I'm so thankful I have it now. 


Cutting grass is a whole lot easier now.   

No comments: