Saturday, October 26, 2013

November Movie Preview

Time to look at what movies are coming out next month and the pickings ain't slim either!
Catching Furr 

Ha ha ha ha ha! This romantic comedy is sure to bring joy to everyone who wastes their hard earned cash to see it... but that won't be me!
 Ender's Game

Now THIS is cinematic magic! So many times I've been tempted to read the book and now I just mught have to. Everything about this looks good. Harrison Ford + Sci-fi is a win in this case.

Thor: The Dark Realm

I love how the Thor movies avoid the appearance of being Hollywood's "Farmer" trying to milk us for all our movie cash. Marvel's really done a fine job promoting this film and the story looks pretty good as well. Face it, who DOESN'T want to see Loki again?

My prediction is he'll be back fighting Thor in the 3rd movie once again and based on Tom Hiddleson's HUGE fan base in these films I wouldn't be surprised if he made another appearance in Avengers somewhere down the line.

 Oldboy (2013 Remake)

If you saw the original one, you were left in awe (and a little disgust at the end) but can the American remake live up to that? I'm interested but not sure if I'll make it to the silver screen to check it out. This may be one of them Redbox Rental nights for me.


Delivery Man

Please pray that Megan DOES NOT want to see this film when it comes out because it looks AWFUL! I is love me some Vince Vaughn but he movie decisions have taken a dip in recent years.

The Wolf on Wall Street

Oh dang. This looks good. Not the biggest Leo fan but he sure knows how to pick his movies. Story seems fantastic and I can't wait to try it out in theaters.

What about you? Any comments, suggestions or anger at my mocking of Catching Fury?

Leave a message.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1.Catching Fire will be awesome. Loved the books, liked the first movie. Looking foward to it immensely.

2.Ender's Game looks stupid. And I love Harrison Ford, but talk about someone who's movie choices have dipped in the last, oh, 25 YEARS!

3.Thor 2 does look good. But I'm looking more forward to Captain America 2. I LOVED the first one. Probably my favorite of the "Avengers" movies except for Avengers itself. Psyched for Winter Soldier.

4.Delivery Man looks horrendous. Why can't Vince Vaughn find a decent movie?????!

5.Wolf of Wall Street actually got moved to Christmas Day. Not sure how you aren't a big Leo fan. All he does turns to gold. He's a terrific actor and picks great movies to boot.

-Melton