Friday, February 03, 2012

Best Mr Freeze

Ok, so honestly I needed one more villain to round out the week and he was the only one left. All 4 were kinda lame but I'll do my best to rank them here:

4) Arnold Schwarzenegger



Why is he the worst? I'll tell you to watch Batman and Robin and see for yourself but that would be a waste of your time. So just look at this promo picture for the movie. Yep! Moving on!

3) George Sanders



For the record I'm not making this picture up. This is actually a still from the 1966 series. His performance was like his suit...not good.

2) Otto Preminger



Only reject from the old TV series. The only reason he beats out Sanders for the role is because he looks more the part. That's it.

1) Eli Wallach



A lot of folks do rank Wallach's performance as Mr Freeze to be the best. I say with competition like this, that's not saying much.

Wallach did ok I guess, but I feel that no actor has yet make Mr Freeze seem like the desirable Batman villain he should be. Only time will tell if they ever correct that.

Ok folks, more reviews to come next week. Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, again, I think the best version of Mr. Freeze so far is the animated series one. Perfect tone of the tragic villain. (btw sorry I didn't catch your call, been working a lot these last few days)

kidcardco said...

No problem. I still think no one's perfected Mr Freeze yet. I'd like to see him in another Batman movie, but I'm doubtful if that'll ever happen again.

Unknown said...

If the Mark Hamill joker counts for the best Joker category, I believe it's an appropriate call that Mr. Freeze in the animated series would be a more considerable candidate than the rest... He's the only portrayal of Mr. Freeze that can truly come to mind when I think of him.

Sadly, I can't foresee him being portrayed in cinema again anytime soon. Christopher Nolan promoted the element of realism in his films, which I find Mr. Freeze to dwell away from than most villains due to his mutation (unless of course, they added a more unique backstory to him; similar to Heath Ledger's Joker). Albeit, it's hard to see the reboot taking a drastically different approach after the bar Christopher Nolan has set.