Friday, February 17, 2012

Best Batman Movie (wrap up)

I didn't include this in my conversations from last week but after repeated questions as to which one I liked best I'll go ahead and answer that today.

Tim Burton's, by far. The man gave just the right mixture of comic book fantasy enough to engross us into believing the story line. Make fun of sill scene's such as the Joker spitting out false teeth after a Batman punch, or penguins walking around with missles from their backs but THAT'S Batman. I thought it looked great and wouldn't mind the same treatment to the movie franchise in future installments.

Nolan did fine. I love his movies but was so tired of hearing everyone proclaim them to be the best ones ever. (cause they aren't) My point I was trying to make a few weeks ago was that by looking at the characters of each role, Nolan failed to capture that comic book feel that Batman's origins are deeply rooted in. Again, great movies, just not "Batman" enough for me.

Ole Joe was obviously the worst. We all gave him a pass on Batman Forever but instead of taking it he tore right into the series which literally halted production of other super hero movies until the Xmen hit the big screen.

Ok folks, that's all for now. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will always have a soft spot for Burton's first. It's the first PG-13 movie I ever saw in the theater. Dad took me while Mom was out of town (I wasn't supposed to see it). But if you're going to use the word "movie" you have to give merit to the film that gives us the best-made of the Batman movies, and I think that trumps "comic-book feel". Here is my ranking:

1.The Dark Knight - it's the best movie out of the bunch, and still has the characters/toys from the comics. This is close, but since it's such a good overall film, I give it my nod as #1. Also, it really makes Batman sweat, and gives him an actual dilemma to work through.

2.Batman - Like I said, very close. Keaton is the best Batman, Nicholson is the best Joker, it's just not quite up to snuff as a "great movie". I do love it though, and I always will.

3.Batman Begins
4.Batman Forever
5.Batman Returns - This is another reason I put Batman #2. I didn't think this one was all that great, and DeVito is WAY over the top.
6.Batman and Robin

-Melton

kidcardco said...

I disagree, Batman and Robin shouldn't even be on your list. :)