Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Best Hulk

We're going to deviate from DC for today and talk about who played the best Bruce Banner of them all.

#3 Eric Bana


Let's face it folks, there was NOTHING good about this movie. Bana was just a small factor in a slew of reasons why all copies of this movie should be burned. His acting was flat and the story didn't help him either. Two thumbs down.

#2 Bill Bixby


I'm curious to see if I'm going to get any arguments over this one. I LOVE me some Bill Bixby. There's no doubt in my mind that they man did a splendid job portraying Bruce Banner unlike any other. C'mon, who can say they don't tear up every time they hear his theme song and seem him wandering down a long and lonely road at the end of each episode?

Gosh... I'm tearing up right now just thinking about it! Better move on...

#1 Edward Norton


There's only one man who can knock Mr Bixby off his throne and that's Norton. What a fantastic job he did (and what a risk as well) playing Bruce Banner not long after the previous movie was deemed a dud in Hollywood. Not only did he revive the interest in the Hulk, but he also brought the big green into the Avengers movie this summer. (well, Edward won't be in it but it will feature the Hulk)

Will this guy in the Avengers movie be any good? I'd be surprised if he makes it past Bill in this line up.

Ok, back to DC tomorrow. Still a few more people I'd like to talk about.

Up, up and away!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As much as I like Edward Norton (splendid actor), he can't hold a candle to Bixby. I didn't think Ed brought anything special to the role. But now I'm violating my own rule: not fair comparing the two, since Bixby had countless hours to cultivate his character, and Norton only had 2. The only easy decision is benching Bana.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

Nice to see you at least admit that. You're so money and you know it!

RickCapezza said...

Lou Ferrigno doesn't even make the list?