Thursday, February 09, 2012

Best Lois Lane

Time to review Supes main squeeze Lois Lane. Here we go!

5) Kate Bosworth



Only because she was in Superman Returns. I'd go back and watch the movie to see where she would rank if I didn't know watching Superman Returns for the 2nd time would be just as painful as having as someone pulling out your eyes with a pair of rusty pliers.

4) Erica Durance



I know Lois is supposed to be that annoyingly nosy reporter who's always getting into trouble. But Durance's version makes you wonder why Superman doesn't smack her to the moon. (literally)

3) Noel Neill



Playing side by side George Reeves, Neill played the role of Lois relativity safe. Not doing much to her performance so you could go either way on her. But I say she at least beats the first 2 on my list!

2) Teri Hatcher



Honestly I don't remember a single thing about her performance, I just remembered that back in the day Teri Hatcher was HOT! That's the only reason she gets to be #2 on my list.

1) Margot Kidder



Once again in the realm of losers Margot has no competition in her role as Lois Lane. She has just the right balance of being strong willed yet subtle around Clark. Sure Reeve helped with his performance but Kidder actually does an acceptable job in her role as Ms Lane. Again I think there's someone out there who could beat her, but it may be a while before any of us see it.

One more for tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, we do disagree a bit here. My ranking:

1.Teri Hatcher - I do remember her performance, it was good. And yes, HOT! haha. She was nosy, but in a good way. She interacted well with Clark and Superman separately and together. And she brought Dean Cain up a bit with her performance. Excellent.

2.Margot Kidder - This one is close. I do like Kidder's role, but I think you hit on something when you said that Reeve added to it. She mostly just played off him.

3.Erica Durance - I don't think you give her enough credit...for being HOT! Lol. Anyway, if you can put Hatcher that high because of it, Durance deserves the same. I'm sure that's why they cast her initially for fanboys, but she does soften in later seasons. Her romantic relationship with Welling/Clark was actually what kept Smallville afloat during some dark times with the writing. Pretty good stuff. I wasn't crazy about her early on, but she gets better and is very likable in later seasons.

4.Kate Bosworth - drug down by a mediocre movie, she was just ok. Nothing special. I didn't see the old series so I can't comment on the other gal.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

Teri Hatcher I just don't know that much about Lois and Clark so I can't remark exactly how well she did so I'll let you have this one...for today. : )

Unknown said...

HATE Margot Kidder, so I would put her last. Teri Hatcher all the way, and I hated Lois and Clark. Bosworth over Durance just because. Oh, and on your superman list you omitted the guy from the Superboy series from the late 80s (technically if you added Smallville's Clark you should add him too). I used to LOVE that series.

RickCapezza said...

Totally was into Teri Hatcher. I don't even like comics and I watched that show.