Wednesday, October 04, 2023

All Hollow's Eve (movie review)

 

Tis the season for scary movies so I thought I'd watch the movie that started all the "Terrifier" movies in the first place. 

I never knew about this until a buddy of mine told me about this low budget movie where the clown was first conceived. 

It's cheap, bad acting at times....but the clown was really good in this one. I liked him better in this one than his bigger budgeted movies. Less gore and more creepy moments which is how it should be. 

It's all about a babysitter who's watching 2 kids at Halloween when they find a VHS tape in one of the kids bags. (yep VHS)

They decide to pop it in and play it, only to discover it's weird "horror" movie vibe. The babysitter send the kids to bed but continues watching the movie without them. It's a couple of "horror" shorts with the clown being a part of a few. 

At the end, the clown comes to life from the TV and reeks havoc on the babysitter. Not a bad ending either. 

Do I suggest watching it? Meh. Not really. It IS cheap and the acting IS poor. But for what it was, I enjoyed it. A good kick off to a month of watching horror movies! 

No comments: