Monday, July 31, 2023

Spartacus: Blood and Sand (Comic review)


 It's been a while since I've checked out this mini-series. I've reread the books already and really enjoyed them. I didn't remember much from this comic so I decided to check it out again. 

Meh. 

The first story is about a slave-turned-gladiator who is plotting revenge against the romans. Only to be killed by a young Spartacus who has just entered the scene. 

The 2nd arc is about 2 brothers who entered the arena and act like animals. Devouring their competition. 

Both of these stories are so-so. The best one happens in the 3rd issue where they reveal the origin of Theokuleese, the Shadow of Death. 

Pretty good but not the best. Overall the comic leaves a lot to be desired and overall isn't worth reading. Glad I was able to get around to it again to realize that now. 

No comments: