Monday, March 08, 2021

Insert Coin (Review)


 I've watched a lot of documentaries on video games. So when I heard there was one out on the rise and fall of Midway Arcade Games, I had to check it out. It talks about their humble beginnings in the late 80's  to their domination in the 90's and eventual fall soon after the decade ended. It was interesting to see. 

The new gen consoles of Playstation was the wake up call that arcades would soon be a thing of the past. I remember saying that myself when I saw the consoles coming out. That the graphics were as good as the arcades. I wondered what the arcades would due to counter and I got my answer. They went extinct. 

But the reasoning behind it makes sense. It was a pretty interesting documentary and well worth you time if you played any of those classic games of theirs in the 90's. 

No comments: