Monday, March 14, 2016

Vintage Chuck E Cheese

Time to reminisce over the old Chuck E Cheese pizza places from back in the day!

 Sure they still have them around today but (to me) they're not as fun as they used to be. I mean, just look at all this fun prizes you used to be able to get!
 Not many people remember, Ole Chuck used to come with a cigar in his mouth. I still have a toy from that era. It was before the whole "smoking is bad and shouldn't be advertised from a friendly Rat selling us pizza" era. Ahh, the good old days...
 This is where my love of Skee Ball came from. I LOVED playing this game more than any other when I was a kid. (not too shabby at it either!)
 I remember one of the prizes we won was these stuffed animals. And they were better quality back in the day than you think! Not the cheap weird feeling stuffed animals you find at a carnival, these were stuffed with cotton. We had too of them. Looking at it now, the dang things are ugly as sin but back in the day, they were incredible to us!

K, more memories coming tomorrow!

No comments: