Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Best Chick Flicks cont'd...

Another Matthew movie!! "How to Loose a guy in 10 Days" is one of my favorites because Kate Hudson is in it. She IS my most favorite actress and her and Matthew put together makes a comedy. 
Say Anything is a great 80's movie. John Cusack is trying to win the affection of Ione Skye, who is a little out of his league. But the ending is happy ever after and that's what makes this a good chick flick.
Okay...This movie had to go in here somewhere. Marilyn Monroe in "How to Marry a Millionaire" is one of her best films. There are three women who scheme to discover how they can marry a millionaire. I won't give away much but in the end, it's never how you plan. This is a must see if not seen already!
Anna Faris and Rob Schneider in "The Hot Chick"!! What more can I say! 
And of course last but not least...Pretty Woman! Julia Roberts ends up breaking a rule and falling for one of her clients. What makes this movie so interesting is he falls in love with her too! After taking her shopping and pampering her like there is no bad economy...this movie deserves to be in here! What girl wouldn't want to be her in the movie (except for certain parts)? 

That's it for the "Chick Flick" category! I know there were several I left out! Not intentionally though!! 

Honorable Mentions:
-When Harry met Salley
-Sweet Home Alabama
- A Walk to Remember
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Becoming Jane
- You've Got Mail

That's it guys!! Hope you have a great Week!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Hot Chick? Seriously? Oh dear. Matt, I'm guessing your sorry butt liked that one too. We need to talk, dude.

Ha Ha.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

I KNEW you would comment on that one! Ha ha! But seriously, out of all Robbie's movies this one was probably the best.

Vickie said...

Oh yes....who could post about chick flicks and leave out Pretty Woman...such a classic.
I am also a fan of the S in S as well as You've Got Mail...I used to think that Meg Ryan was my favorite but Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock beat her out.

hollie said...

I always have a soft spot for Notting Hill. Maybe b/c it was my first date movie with Jon. But at the end, when the camera pans to show them on the park bench ...oh, it gets me every time.

Anonymous said...

Yes, Matt was the one that suggested The Hot Chick! But, there were way too many to name and it should have been done during a weeks time, not two days.

Meg

Kimber said...

LOVE how to loose a guy in 10 days, it never gets old.
and you'll have to educate me one day on some really great marilyn monroe movies. i've always wanted to watch some (i've only seen a couple, and a long time ago) of the good ones but didn't know which i should watch!

Anonymous said...

ok, will do. We can on our way to dallas while the boys drive. I'll bring my portable dvd player.

meg