Sunday, August 27, 2017

War Eagle?

Well this is weird. For the first time in 2 years I'm actually going to be caring about the opening game of football. Now that the Mets have convinced me there's no such thing as baseball in 2017, my focus is all on Auburn's overhyped quarterback and our lofty ranking in the pre-season poll.

Yep, you heard me. Our quarterback isn't going to be as good as everyone's screaming. Why? Because he's never played in the SEC and he's about to learn the hard way what that means. Don't get me wrong, I hope Auburn kills it this year! (actually, I hope they just beat Bama) but I do think we won't be as good as everyone says. I bought in to the whole "over-hyped" QB bit before and it didn't work very well for us then. Why? Because we have receivers who can't catch the ball even when it's thrown right at them!

And last time I checked....they're still on our team. So it doesn't matter how good this kid's arm is, if we have no one to catch it then it's useless.

But I am hopeful of snatching some tickets later this season if they do well. They play ULM this year and I know someone on the team who can get me one if I want it. Holding out to see how the Tigers fare (and if I have availability) but we'll see!

No comments: