Tuesday, August 29, 2017

90's Thor

Reading thru my Thor collection I made it into the 90's and wanted to share some hilarious photos:



 MC Hammer was big at the time so Thor's "slogan" for a lot of the comics in the day was "Hammer Time" Get it kids? Thor's into what's new and hot too! He's literally said this in every 4th or 5th comic I've read so far since the '91 era.
 Nuff said, classic line that was in EVERY comic back in the day. I remember ALL the DC super heroes (except Batman) used it. That includes, Super Boy, Robin and even Aquaman at one point. Good to know that tradition was the same in Marvel.
T2 had been out in theaters back then and it was obvious this writer loved the movie. On top of saying this (several times in 1991 comic run) Thor even mentions that he's seen Terminator 2 and liked the movie.

OK. WE GET IT. It was a good film. STOP quoting it in the comic!

But this next quote is my favorite....

Thor's never been scarier to me than right here.

You go get'em buddy....

No comments: