Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Gen Can't

 In 9 days Gen Con is coming back for it's 50th anniversary but I won't be able to attend. I'm a little saddened because there's a lot of games and promos I was looking forward to get at it. So instead, I'll just list the games I was looking forward to getting but will have to wait another month for them to come out.
 Firefly Adventures

Been looking forward to this one ever since John from Gale Force Nine told me about it! I have no idea how it's played so I'm going to hold off and see if it's truly compatible with the standard game before purchasing.   
 Cities of Splendor

I love Splendor and this expansion seems right up my alley! Super excited for it to come out, already per-ordered but would've picked up a copy if I was going this year.
Orleans: Trade and Intrigue

Another expansion to a game I just adore! I can't wait for it to come out and am looking forward to playing it with the base game. I'm holding off, showing the base game to my board game group for this very reason. I want to have all the expansions ready to go if they end up loving it as much as I do!

I'm sure going to miss being there this year, but as to whether I'll ever go back I don't know. BGG Spring Con was one of the best weeks of the year for me. I'm not sure any of the 2 previous Gen Con's beat that experience. Though they come in a close 2nd!

No comments: