Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Top Vintage Board game I have no interest in

There's no doubt I love me some vintage board games. But here's a few people keep raving about that I have no interest getting:

 Dark Tower

Look at how impressive it is! But with all it's bells and whistles I wouldn't spend more than $10 for the game. The game play seems bland and unimaginative. I think people are more enthralled but it's looks and scarcity, than playing the actual game.
 Dune

I love Dune. I read every single book that comes out from this series. So why am I not interested in the board game? Well....not to be mean but look at it. Doesn't really scream "good time" does it? I've watched "how to play" videos on it but it looks so slow and drawn out I think this game would be a bust with my group and myself. 
Hero Quest

Why would I want to play this game if I already own Dark World, which seems so superior? I admit, the pieces here look great but Dark World has totally fulfilled that gap in the "epic games from the 90's" genre. Why spend hundreds of dollars acquiring this cardboard copy? (literally, cardboard) 

That's my list, what's yours?

No comments: