Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Last man standing

When I first came to Chase there were 9 trainers that worked in my department. As the years have gone by that number has slowly whittled down to 2. The main reason was because the call center we had in town closed and we lost 3 trainers right there and were down to 6.

2 trainers transferred to take up other roles in the company and 1 retired. Leaving 3. Then a few years back one passed away, leaving myself and one other as the sole trainers for the site. This past July, the other trainer transferred out to Dallas making me the last man standing from our original team.

It's an odd feeling for me. I didn't really accomplish anything so to speak, I just outlasted all the others. I feel little rewarded by this though it only means more work for me overall. I don't think my job is in Jeopardy, in fact it's quite the opposite! This means my job is the MOST secure since I'm the only one left to do it.

I love my job and won't miss the other trainer at all. If anything, this occurrence further solidifies my happiness at work. 

....Now if only there was a million dollar prize for this like there was in Survivor....

No comments: