Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Top Board Games of 2015 (20-11)

I was cleaning up around my room and found my old board game list from 2015 so today I thought I'd share it with you with some notes on how the game fared from one year to the next. Keep in mind I didn't have that many games at the time and had added 80 more since 2016's list came around so expect to see some big drops in the rankings for some of these games.

 20) Bas-Ket (2016 Ranking: 59)

So it fell 31 spots from one year to the next. It still beat out almost 50 newer games I'd brought into my collection the next year. Not bad! At the time of this ranking it was getting A LOT of plays with my nephews who loved playing it whenever they were over at the house.

 19) Rummikub (2016 Ranking: 68)

This game took a little beating, losing out to almost 50 newer games from the following year. At the time I'd just bought it and was happy to have it in my collection. It hasn't been played much since.
 18) Say Anything (2016 Ranking: 49)

 Like Bas-Ket, to only see it drop 31 spots on the list from one to the next is understandable. It's still my favorite party game out there. Problem is, I don't have too many casual gamers over anymore to play with. Still a great game!

17) Crocodile Dentist (2016 Ranking: 54)
For such a small game to only fall 37 spots out of the 80 newer games I picked up the following year ain't bad! I still love this game but back in 2015 I had EVERYONE playing it! It's so much fun I can't see it ever leaving my list.

16) Boggle (2016 Ranking: 50)

Dropping only 34 spots on the list Boggle remains one of my all time favorite classic games! These days no one plays with me anymore because I've gotten so good at it but I do love this game!

15) It From the Pit (2016 Ranking: 40)

I had just bought this game and my nephews and I were playing it all the time. Even my gaming group played a few rounds each week to wrap up the evening. To think it only dropped 25 spots on the list is impressive for such a vintage game!

14) Donkey Kong Card Game (2016 Ranking: 72)

Yikes! This one took the steepest drop from one year to the next but I think that's because it didn't fly as well with my gaming group as I thought it would. I still love the game though and am happy to have it in my collection!

13) The McDonald's Game (2016 Ranking: 25)

Amazingly dropping only 12 spots in 2016 this game is still one of my favorites. At the time I'd just discovered it during my first trip to GenCon. It was a blast and I picked up a copy online right away! It doesn't get as much play these days due to the huge influx of games I've accumulated over the past year but it still holds a special place in my heart!

12) Fireball Island (2016 Ranking: 31)

I'm not sure what's most embarrassing. The fact my grail game dropped 29 spots in 2016 or fell 6 spots behind the McDonald's game it was leading the year before! Either way, it doesn't change my love for it. I need to play this again now that I think about it. It's been too long...

11) Nerts (2016 Ranking: 53)

Similar to Boggle this game dropped a lot due to the fact that no one plays it with me anymore because I've gotten so good at it. I may try to bring this card game to the beach with me this year in hopes of resurrecting  it again with the fam. Maybe that'll help improve it's ranking in 2017.

Be back tomorrow for the rest of my list!








No comments: