Thursday, August 10, 2017

Vintage Boardgame I can't pull the trigger on.

As I said yesterday, I love vintage board games. Here's a few I've had my eye on for a while but never really felt like getting. (and why)

 The Bigfoot Game

From the UK hails a game where you play hikers trying to get up a mountain and avoid getting hit by a boulder that Bigfoot kicks down at you. Yeah....weird. But that's why I was interested in it. But with shipping from the UK so high I don't think the overall price would justify adding it into my collection.
 Where's the Beef? Board Game

Yep. They made one. In the game, you play the old lady from the commercial, running around Wendy's (or a fast food place designed to look like one) looking for (you guessed it) the BEEF! Find all beef tokens, make it back to the front of the store and test your memory to reveal them all to win the game! The game also has tokens in it that let you switch 2 tokens which makes the game a little tougher.

Seeing as how I'm all about something this insane I never have had the itch to buy a copy. I see them floating around online all the time but I just can't help but think "What if the cardboard holding the beef gets bent?" Then the game is essentially useless from that point on. Again, I LOVE the concept and who knows, one day I may very well add it to my collection. But for now and stays on this list.
 Dine-n-Dash

Another game from the UK where you play waiters, rolling dice ad trying to get as many orders on the table before the salt shaker shaped timer runs out. I love the theme and the inventiveness of the game. But again, it looks like it would get old quick and shipping from the UK, well, you know.  
 Curse of the Idol

Look at this game!! Why wouldn't you want it?! Seeing as I get every "adventure" themed kids game from my childhood you'd imagine this jewel would be a perfect fit for my shelf! Unfortunately this game has a lot of faults. According to another reviewer, the game is slow and tedious with many broken rules. It looks nice, but simply not for me.
Nightmare on Elm Street Board game

I came close to winning this on Ebay for cheap a while back. Now the thing goes for almost a hundred bucks, which is $85 more than I care to pay for. Victims are trying to run away from Freddy and be the last to survive. Not a really happy theme but when you name a board game after a horror movie, what do you expect?

No comments: