Sunday, August 20, 2017

Top 5 things of GenCon 2017

Now that the party is over, I wanted to talk about the Top 5 things I got excited about at this year's Gecon!

5) Shark Island

Don't know much about the game but from what I hear it's "Jaws" under a different title. Megan loves Sharks so I'm interested in this only only because she might want to play it.

4) Highlander: The Duel

After 20 years someone has finally picked up the rights to produce a Highlander game....but the person in charge may not know what he's doing. The Kickstarter arrives in mid-September and I for one am interested in checking it out, though from what I've seen so far it's not much else besides a simple card game. It's 2 players (strike 2) and the figures it comes with seem unnecessary to the game play.

My hat's off for SOMEBODY trying because I think someone could do really awesome things with this IP (I'm looking at you Gale Force Nine) but for now we're stuck with some nitwit who I'm hoping has a solid game in mind and not one that'll waste my time.

Either way, we'll find out net month!

3) Batman

From Monolith Games, this one look beautiful. The figures, the gameplay, EVERYTHING about this game is calling for my wallet to open up and hand them whatever money it takes to possess it. And have it they will come Feb 2018 when it break Kickstarter records (you heard it here first!)


2) Fireball Island

When I found out that they're re-making this classic game from my childhood and fell out of my chair! I can not WAIT for this re-make. Another game that will be taking my money in 2018!


1) Twilight Imperium 4th Edition

This already took my $150 and now I'm waiting by my mailbox like Charlie Brown around Valentine's Day, for it to come in. It won't be for another few months but oh man, do I want this game.

I LOVE the 3rd edition, it's one of my favorite games of all time!!! (2nd in the polls from 2016) This edition seems like it could be even better than the last! I hope to find out this year as my gaming group attempts to play this Saturday and then in December with the new edition. CANT WAIT!!!

No comments: