Friday, September 25, 2015

Thanks for the memories Jackie...

A few weeks ago I rented Jackie Chan's newest installment to the Police Story franchise. If you're not familiar with it, let me give you the release titles in America;

Supercop and First Strike

2 of the Best movies Jackie ever did in his life. And if you go back and watch the first two in the series (that didn't get an American release) then you'd be equally impressed.

Fast forward to today and Jackie just don't got it anymore. Sure he's over 60 now, but I was still hoping for some of that old karate action and instead walked back to RedBox, upset over losing $1.50 for renting it.

I've kept up diligently over the past years watching every Jackie Chan movie out there. Sure there have been some painful ones, but I toughed through it. Lately, ALL his movies have been bad, but I kept telling myself "Hold on Matt, he has one more left in him."

Then I saw this title and thought "This is the moment" The moment watching all those bad Jackie Chan movies over the past few years, I KNEW an installment into the Police Story franchise wouldn't let me down.

It did.

Though I love me some Jackie Chan, I'll be sticking to his past movies from now on. Thanks for the memories Mr. Chan, you can stop your film career whenever you like. 

No comments: