Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Home Depot Sucks

So last month I bought a dryer from these bozos because it was a good deal and came with free delivery PLUS for $15 more bucks (which I paid) they'd take your old appliance away for you. So I got it.

Biggest mistake of my life.

I waited all day for the delivery guy who ended up being an hour and a half LATE from his deadline time. He made ME move my washer out to them on the street. Then while doing the installation he lied to me about it fitting into the cubby when the dryer was obviously too big.

I had a buddy of mine come over to inspect it (because I didn't trust the guy) but he convinced my buddy he was telling the truth about me getting some kind of "magical" fix which parts that we later discovered didn't exist.

Here's the kicker... when we started looking at how to resolve it ourselves I noticed that during the installation he had rammed the dryer up against the wall so hard that it slammed the pipe straight through my exhaust port and punched a freaking HOLE THRU MY HOUSE!!!

I man, I was pissed.

We fixed it that night (because leaving it open for all the critters to walk in wasn't an option) and I called Home Depot the next day for a full refund.

Home Depot refused to give me one. They told me to call my local store (though I'd bought it online) so I did. The store told me to call the online number. No one wanted to help me. But after fighting with them for over 45 minutes (30 of those minutes were waiting on hold) they finally told me they'd do it on 2 conditions.

I had to bring the dryer to them and there would be a 15% handling fee for the service... of giving me my refund.

I kept arguing and they kept putting me on hold, refusing to do anything else.

I wrote a letter to the website and got a response that stated:

Thanks for contacting The Home Depot. We value your opinions and feedback and appreciate the fact that you are taking the time to send us this information. In reading your message, we were unable to determine your exact need. If it was sent in error please ignore this message.

I kid you not. I just copied and pasted it to this post. That's what they said word for word when I explained my horrible experience with the company!!

I will never do business with Home Depot ever again due to this. They're a horrible company who cares nothing about customer service.

That's the end of my rant. : )

No comments: