Saturday, September 12, 2015

Sports update

 Ok, let's talk sports. First off is Auburn's embarrassing performance against a team most colleges use for Homecoming games.

Let me tell you what I got right for Auburn this season:

1) Over-rated

I voiced this opinion earlier this summer in a post where when I heard rumors of Auburn being a #6 in the "way-too-early-to-call" polls. I knew it had to be a joke. I know we got that way because our recruiting was good, Muschamp was on the team and nothing stops the "Gus Bus" but I CALLED it an over-rating from the very begining. Questions if we should be in the Top 20 at all. (I believe my pick was #22) But we're dropping in the polls next week after this performance, I have no doubt.

What was even more shocking was that people were picking US to win the SEC this year!? I remember laughing about it with my brother saying "What are they thinking? We're not going to be that good!"

Now the whole world knows.

2) Wil Muschamp's 1st season with the Tigers DOES NOT mean our defense will be instantly changed.

I've said this very the very beginning. Wil had NOTHING to work with. Auburn's DB's are tied as the lowest ranked in the SEC. Our defense is near the bottom of the conference too. Muschamp's recruits won't be paying off until next year and for some reason EVERYONE in the media was talking about how "improved" our offense was this season.

Now at least, they aren't.

To be honest, I didn't even think we'd be THIS good as a defense, so I got a little wrong there.

What I got wrong about Auburn football. 

Jeremy Johnson. He's horrible. Easily the worst QB in the conference and everyone now knows it. When he throws interceptions it's RIGHT AT the defense. Notice how they haven't moved to get to the ball. He throws it right to them. He CAN'T see the field!

It was awkward for the commentators in the booth if you watched that game. At first, they gave minor excuses for his bad plays. (Early game jitters, last minute mistakes, etc) But by the end of the 2nd Quarter even they had to call a spade a spade and say "I don't know what he was thinking? He just didn't see the guy and threw it right to him!?"

His balance is off on just about every throw. In overtime, every throw was off balance and poorly thrown. Our receivers had to make spectacular catches just to win the game. Jeremy Johnson is a hack.

Gus should have taken him out after the half and put in our 2nd string. Seriously. Gus' decision to keep him at QB WILL be the reason we lose 5 games this year and I hate that I bought in to the hype that he would be the "best QB in the SEC"

I got that one dead wrong.

But thankfully Baseball is my favorite sport...
...and boy our my Mets ROCKING IT!!!!!

Not only are they continuing to win and strengthening their lead in the NL West but they look like the're getting stronger as the season goes on!

I can't believe what I'm seeing because usually at this time of the year, I'm begging for football season, but watching the Mets has been (dare I say it) a delight this year! Colon's behind the back play, Wright's clutch 9th inning hit, our much improved bullpen... I could go on for days!

And though I've said they wouldn't make it to the NL Championship, now I'm swaying to the opinion that we very well could if we keep playing like we are. (though I still think the Cards would smash us)

Needless to say, Baseball has taken my interested immensely over the beginning of football season.

LET'S GO METS!!!

No comments: