Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ultimate Playground

 Though I've basically run down all the playground equipment in my posts last week I did have one more thing I wanted to say about these all-in-one sets.

They were around as a kid and are way more popular today then back when, but all the same it was so much fun playing on these things growing up.

Our was a different version of the one shown above but had the same things. A slide, a shaky bridge (which I loved the most) some resemblance of a fort a net to climb and a straight pole to slide down.

One of my best memories was when this girl ran across the shaky bridge to jump on to the pole but on her jump she hit the top of the iron rod used to hold the pole in place. We watch in slight amusement as she crumpled in the air and dropped flat on her face.

I say "in amusement" not because we hated the girl but rather the image it portrayed. Something I'll most likely never forget for as long as I live.
Today these things look amazing and though I'm way too old to play on them anymore, the kid in me gets a little jealous to see others enjoying their time on one. They make inflatable ones that look fun too but after spending a few minutes in there with kids I felt my temperature rise to 105 degrees and my heart trying to break away from my chest.

Not the spirited youth I remember being back in the day!

No comments: