Thursday, February 05, 2015

2015 the year of Optimism

Looks like everyone's quite optimistic about my teams for this year.

 Auburn

Experts are estimating Auburn to be ranked anywhere between #14 and #2 next year in the polls. I love my Tigers but I don't know if I'd go as high as ranking us #2?!

Sure we have Muschamp but will he be able to turn around the defense in one year? I believe they'll be improvements but a complete solid D after losing 8 starters?! I don't think so.

We lost 4 more on Offense (with one being the QB, best running back, star receiver and Offensive Lineman) plugging up all those holes by the next season doesn't seem feasible.

#14 I like. If we prove ourselves, we move up. Plus I like being the underdog. It gives us the advantage because no one thinks you're that good. (Like Ohio State for example)
Mets

Everyone's saying this is the year the Mets make the playoffs. But it's not the fans saying that. It's our Manager, our GM and the entire Mets roster that truly believe it's playoff time in 2015.

This would shock me. Do I think the Met's can get 2nd place in the East? Of course I can. I think they're better than any team in the division except for the Nationals. (who'll win the pennat) I see the 2 Wild card teams coming from the Central and West divisions who have more balanced talent than in the east.

Sure we have Matt Harvey coming back and that's a big deal. But how many games does it win us when we can't score runs?! Instead of squeaking out a tie for 2nd like we did last year, I predict we'll get a solid 2nd placing but still fall short of Wild Card status.

With nobody stepping up with a bat the Mets will continue to disappoint fans in some way for 2015.

But I'm still excited to watch them see "how"

No comments: