Monday, February 23, 2015

Taking flight (Part 1)

Did you ever fly kites? I haven't in years but I remember flying them with my parents while on our annual trip to the beach. They were hard to get off the ground, hard to keep in the air and now I've come to find out, even harder to put together in the first place!!

Geez! How much patience did my Dad have with these things?! Seriously, I don't know how this came to be a popular activity with folks. Every time I try putting one together I'm guaranteed to break either the cheap plastic fabric or brace!

A few years back, my brother took his kids kiting and I tagged along. Man, seeing their faces light up on how high their kites went helped jog my memory to how fun it was when our kite hit new heights too.

Don't worry, I'm not that nostalgic for kites just got me wondering today...

No comments: