Friday, January 11, 2013

Hall of Lame

So the Hall of Fame voted on who they wanted to nominate this year into the legendary halls of Cooperstown but for the first time since 1996 NO ONE was elected and I'm calling "foul"

Mike Piazza's first year to be nominated came up and the best hitting catcher in baseball history DIDN'T get in!? You've got to be kidding me.

Sure his defense was awful those last few years but overall his performance was stellar. I thought he was a shoe-in the first year year but looks like it'll take another year or two till it happens.

As for Bonds, McGuire, Clemens. Sosa and everyone else from the "steroid" age I have mixed feelings. Sure they came into the game as the best but they didn't leave that way.

I feel they cheated to stay alive and "fixed" their numbers. If we're sticking to our guns over Pete Rose (who bet on baseball) then I hope they stick here and never let them in,

Let's make room for more honest players like Piazza, Jack Morris, Tim Raines and sadly Dale Murphy who missed his last chance to be elected this year. These men played with dignity and honor that this game deserves.

I saw we pay them back with a trip to Cooperstown!

Ok, I'm off my soapbox now. Have a good weekend.

No comments: