Sunday, January 13, 2013

FINALLY!

Well, well, well, look what finally decided to come out? I guess now after waiting YEARS to read this series I finally can with the release of this final book in the series.

15 years ago on the referrals of a few good friends I decided to buy these books from Robert Jordan. But before I began to read them I found out his story wasn't complete. Not wanting to start a series unfinished I decided to wait for the last book to come out.

As the years went by I was doubtful that day would ever come, then we got the new of Robert Jordan's impending death and I was worried the series would NEVER come to an end. But Jordan promised he'd work as fast as he could to try to release the last novel before his death.

It didn't happen.

But with a majority of the book written he passed it on to Brandon Sanderson who say dollar signs and instead of releasing it as one big novel, expanded and divided it up into 3 more books over the course of 6 years.

Marvelous.

My copy should be coming in the mail any day now and once it does I'll begin my journey through this so-called magical realm of amazing story telling.

....watch it turn out to suck.  

3 comments:

Tony said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tony said...

Ugh - so blogger ate my post...

Long story short - I stopped at Book 9, threw it across room, might go back and start over since that is in 2000.

Sanderson might not be completely to blame for dragging out Wheel of Time, had his own bestselling series (Mistborn) and started a new one (Stormlight Archive) when got the Jordan gig. More likely publisher, though you didn't hear Sanderson saying 'no'.

kidcardco said...

Ha ha ha ha. Perhaps. I'm just glad the wait is finally over for me and I can read these books to see how good they are. I did hear they slow down to a crawl when you get further in. I hear he has so many characters at this point in the story that nothing really happens to anyone because the story is dragging so bad.

I saw Sanderson at Dragon Con last year and wanted to ask him that exact question. You're right, it could be the publisher wanting more money too. But the well has run dry (at least for the books) so I don't care what they do after this. Not like I'm holding my breathe for them to make a movie.