Thursday, January 24, 2013

And so it begins...

Well, after months of telling the public that he will NOT be the new Director of Star Wars, out comes JJ Abrams as it's new director.

You already know how I feel about JJ (I can't write an ending) Abrams so I won't go into that.

The point is. I'm fine with whatever shlock Disney cares to throw up on the silver screen. If they abandon my beloved Expanded Universe (which is a 90% chance they will) then I'm happy ending my Star Wars fandom there.

I'll watch the movies when they come out on video but that'll be about it for me I think. There's still that 10% chance it'll be good but I'm not holding out hope. Dark Horse will lose the rights by 2015 and Del Rey's already halting book publications after this year so that's a good enough place for me to stop collecting as well.

I really don't mind. I'll have time to read other things and occupy my time in other ways. Let Mr Star Trek do his worse with the series (and I'm sure he'll try) I'm content with what I have in that galaxy, far, far away.

No comments: