Thursday, December 28, 2023

Mardi Gras Tree


 In Lousiana, a lot of people keep their tree until Mardi Gras. Turning there tree into something that celebrates the hoilday. 

Walmart even sells Mardi Gras tree decorations for the season. We don't do that but I know more and more people every year around here who do it. 

Even had one friend who kept his tree up for 11 months straight! Each month or so, he'd change the decor on his tree for every holiday he could think of. But after Halloween he took it down. 

When I asked him why, he said it was because he wanted to put it up again for Christmas. BOO!! He only had one more month to go!

I've thought about doing it and maybe one year I will. I think it'd be fun to have a tree up all year to celebrate different holidays. Maybe when the girls are older they could help me with the decorations. We'll see....but not this year. 

No comments: