Monday, May 07, 2012

Book Review Part 1

I love books. I love reading. I've spoken about Star Wars books before but not about other series I enjoy. I'm taking a few days this week to talk about those series starting with CS Lewis' classic Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe
The first book is probably the most well known of the entire series. No doubt about how well written it was written a truly good way to start an excellent series. Prince Caspian
Given a bad reputation for being "boring" this book is all but that. It takes place not long after the kids first adventure. The movie obviously did not do the novel justice. I just hope people didn't think they book was bad because the movie was. Voyage of the Dawntreader
A fantastic story full of adventure and intrigue! The movie did an ok job of portraying a few aspects of the novel but as always, the book is always better. The Silver Chair
I'm disappointed to hear they were going to stop making these movies because this was one screen adaptation I would've enjoyed seeing. The last time I read through these I really enjoyed the story line. But I guess we'll have to settle for the BBC's version for the mean time. The Magician's Nephew
For a twist CS Lewis take the series to the past in a prequel to the first book. It tells about how the witch came into Narnia, why there's a lamp post and how the wardrobe was made. Great read! The Horse and his Boy
For some reason the series once again stays in the past with a story that took place during the first book while the children were reigning of Kings and Queens of Narnia. I remember as a kid I finished this book in 2 days it was so good! The Last Battle
The final chapter in the series and it lives up to it's name. Amazing symbolism and an incredible story that caps off the series on an all time high! Love the Narnia chronicles? You should also try CS Lewis' Space Trilogy (which happens to have an "unofficial" reference to the origin's of Gandolph from the Lord of the Rings series) I know, weird, but trust me, it's there! More tomorrow folks!

No comments: