Friday, April 27, 2012

San Diego scheming

So twice now I've tried to get tickets to the elusive comic con in San Diego this year and twice I've failed. Though disappointed I'm also relieved. I think the San Diego con has gotten to big and overblown now. I'm glad for the time I went in 2005. I think that was one of the last years it was actually decent. Last year I heard plenty of complaints about how the Con has changed and is not much fun anymore. Getting to go to smaller cons like the one in New Orleans or Dallas work out just fine with me! Don't get me wrong though! I still have a scheme to get me into the Comic Con, but if it doesn't work, I'll be at peace. Hmmmm.... now what's all this about Dragon Con I hear so much about.... Have a good weekend folks!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear dragon con is full of debauchery and a TON of people in costume.

But yes, the last few times I went to comic-con it wasn't nearly as fun as the year you and I both were there. It's spilled over into the surrounding area and the mobs of people make for not-so-good times. Once Hollywood has lost interest in it, is when I think I'd attempt to go back.

kidcardco said...

So... What about DragoCon? You interested?

Unknown said...

I can't do dragon con, for one it's in Atlanta, which is way, way too far for me.

kidcardco said...

Rats! Fairchild and Stevil together again at a comic con would be too much "awesome" for DragonCon to handle!