Monday, August 27, 2007

Punked!

Ok, I can talk now.

As you know, I've been on a few radio stations lately, promoting "Footloose". However when I got a call from the good people at FM 102, they wanted me for a different reason.

To pull a prank on their morning DJ.

Of course I agreed and plans were drawn up on to how it would go down. Here's how it went:

It was her birthday today so she was on the air talking about that when all of the sudden who should walk RIGHT into their studio but an avid fan..... a fan of Jeni Lane's. (the DJ)

He proceeded to tell her what an awesome women she is and what a BIG fan he is as well. He even starts to mention that he drives by her house every day and is always wanting to stop by and say hello.

At this point her face is aghast and she doesn't know what to think. The fan asks if his buddie can come into the studio too (we're still "live" here folks) before she can say anything, her boyfriend maked it through the door as the fan calmly announces....

"Hi, my name is Matt Wilkins. I am an actor and you've just been punked."

Glorious.

I should have a recording of it by the end of the week. I'll see if I can post it somehow on the blog. Until then, have a great day folks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is soooooooooooo amazing!!! almost as good as the time you walked up to an unsuspecting icecreamologist and said,"hi, my name is Matt Wilkins, I'm here for my free ice cream." :O

Anonymous said...

um, yeah you better havea recording up b/c you told me when it would be on!!!!!!!! *pouts*
Kim