Monday, November 27, 2017

Top 5 Board game I usually lose at

You can't win them all as the saying goes and nothing could be truer of these board games I'm about to list. I love them all, but hardly win. Here goes!

5) Project Elite (Win 50% of the time)

Such a hard coop game that either I have a 50/50 of winning. It's really hard but incredibly fun to play. I don't think my gaming group has won yet. I always lose on solo play and the only time I stand a chance is when I play with Megan who's pretty good at chucking dice. But even then we have a slight winning percentage at that.

4) Firefly (Win 40% of the time)

Another excellent game that I love to play but hardly ever win because I'm always focused on building my ship, crew and items up to their max potential. Once I accomplish that....someone usually wins the game. In group play I'd say I have about a 15% chance, playing solo I tend to win more since I'm racing against the clock and don't have any other chance. So that's what brings my win percentage up to 40%

3) Quartz (Win 20% of the time)

This push your lick game has you digging in a bag and praying for no whammies! I love the quick play and high intensity the game delivers. It's an amazing simple mechanic and I almost always push too hard and bust in the end. Rarely is a victory ever had but it does happen from time to time and my strategy has never changed.

2) Food Chain Magnate (Win 10% of the time)

I should say 10% and falling. Because the more I play this amazing game the more evident it is that I'm going to fail at it. Building your on franchise from the ground up is so much fun that before you know it you've already fallen behind in the game and there's nothing you can do! Absolutely fabulous game that I may never win again.

1) The Adventurers (Win 0% of the time) 

Both games. Never won. Can't even make it out of the temple. And the one time I came close? I died right at the doorway. What an incredible game that has you collection treasures while the whole time you're trying to escape from the board. I'd like to at least escape the building once, even if I don't end up winning it'll still feel like a victory to me!

I guess now you know what to ask to play when you come over to my house now. : )



No comments: