Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Dark Phoenix Saga Review

Amazon gave me a free digital trade paperback a few months ago and I didn't know what to pick because all the comics available were Marvel. So I went with this series. I'd heard so much about it and have seen it played out in the movies and cartoon series, I thought it's be neat to read the actually comic from where all these stories originated.

And....it was different. Kinda underwhelming considering what all other stories have been made about it. Not a single telling of this story comes close to what is portrayed in the comic. In a few short issues, Jean Grey turns into Dark Phoenix and 3 issues later, "dies"

I wonder how this story got to be so popular for fans? Nothing about it screams "groundbreaking" of "epic"

The Hellfire club is the main enemy responsible for Jean Grey's transformation, but they're nothing but a bunch of high class people living in 17th century clothing, which explains why no one ever copied the story from the comic. That's right folks, the movies and cartoon did it BETTER!

Anyway, glad I got a chance to read it, now I can further confirm DC comics are much better than Marvel. 

No comments: