Thursday, January 19, 2017

Hall of Fame thoughts

 The Hall of Fame was announced this week and here are your 3 winners, Jeff Bagwell, Tim Raines and Pudge Rodriguez.

Bagwell was a no brainer. He barely missed out last year and everyone knew he'd be in this year. Tim Raines was a come from behind hero, being his last year on the ballot, I didn't think he'd make it so good for him! Rodriguez is a surprise knowing he's linked to the steroid debacle, but I guess the writers are getting more sentimental.
But 3 things disappoint me. The first is the shunning of Lee Smith. One of the best closers in MLB history and it seems no one cares. On top of that, I hear hes a good guy who's not hung up on getting in but I know it's in the back of his mind. Every ball player wants to be in Cooperstown, and Smith is the one of the most deserving this year.

Hopefully a committee will get together and make this right.

The other 2 things that disappoint me is seeing the numbers of Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens move up in votes. Embarrassing seeing as how these are some of worst people in baseball and don't deserve to be mentioned for the Hall. I hope they don't get in. It will sully the reputation of Baseball in general if they do.

Other than that, I decent class. Look forward to seeing the votes next year!

No comments: