Wednesday, January 11, 2017

College Football recap

Now that the National Championship is over, it's time to collect my final thoughts on the season. Let's start with the big game.

I (like a lot of people) thought Alabama was going to win again, simply because of who they were. Turns out I was wrong! Clemson played a strong game and deserved the win. They fought hard in what was a great Title game. The Refs did well too so nothing can be blamed on them.

I never thought Clemson had it in them though. Even after beating Ohio State last week.

If you recall, earlier this season my Tigers came close to taking them down. We lost by a touchdown but it was still a close game.

As for my Tigers, well things didn't end on a good note. I knew with an injured quarterback, we had no chance against Oklahoma. We did better than I thought we would but looking at 2017, it doesn't look like we're getting any better.

We have some great defensive players leaving. Our QB situation DOES NOT look bright and we still don't have a receiver who can catch the ball when it's thrown at him right square in the chest! I don't know what Gus can do to improve the Offense and replace certain Defensive roles but we have a leaky ship heading in to 2017 and we could sink fast.

But I can wait until the fall. I'm ready for Spring Training to come around!!


No comments: