Friday, January 27, 2017

Best Documentaries

Since I've spoken so much about it this week, I thought I'd take the time today to talk about some of the best Documentaries out there I've ever seen!

Ken Burns: Civil War

One of the first documentaries I ever watched and still one of the finest out there on the period. I loved every minute of it and being a history buff, plan to watch it again sometime soon.

 Food Inc

It came out in 2008 and I was shocked by what it told us about the fast food industry. Very powerful and captivating documentary to watch.

 Super Size Me

One of the most well known docs I have on the list. Super Size Me stars then unknown star Morgan Spurlock as he goes 30 days, eating nothing but McDonalds for every meal. Loved this movie so much, I went out and ate McDonalds right after seeing it! Another I need to watch again.

 Dear Mr Watterson

Anyone who knows me, knows I love Calvin and Hobbes. I plan on reading through the entire series again this year. This bio about his life is wonderful to watch and I highly recommend it!

 Bobby Fischer Against the World

I love chess and Bobby Fischer was the king. This exciting (yes exciting) documentary takes you into his life and legacy that will fill you with awe and wonder. Forget going to the movie theater folks! This film has it all!

 80's The Decade That Made US

I told you yesterday there was a better documentary on the 80's and this was it. It takes you through each year and tells you all the significant events. I LOVE the 80's and this is about the biggest love letter anyone could've written it. If you like the 80's, this series is a MUST for you!

Atari: Game Over 

The one and only movie produced by Xbox and it's a shame because this documentary was GOLD. I loved every minute of it and recommend it to all my friends. GREAT GREAT film!

Ken Burns: Baseball

I end it how I began, with Mr Ken Burn's masterpiece "Baseball" taking you through the decades (even up to the steroids era if you count his later "10th Inning" he added to the series years later) this is THE BEST documentary and I'll probably have to buy it one day because I've watched it twice and want to see it again.

There you have it folks! My favorite docs! What's yours?

No comments: