Thursday, September 22, 2016

SNL Dream Cast

Ok, so if I could bring back 10 people to return to SNL, no matter what time period, here's who I'd pick:

 David Spade

The master of comedy, there's no doubt to anyone he rocked things back in the 90's for SNL. I'd bring him back in his prime and have him doing the Hollywood minute in no time!
 Adam Sadler

Though he's lost his step in the past decade I'd bring him back from the days he was truly funny. His music would bring more laughter than ever before and I don't mean by singing the Hannakuh Song Part 4
 Andy Samberg

I wasn't watching much SNL back in his day but I sure watched his skits on YouTube the next morning. Seems Andy would be an excellent fit within my "Dream Cast" and I'd say he's earned it with the above pictured skit alone.
 Eddie Murphy

Another comedian that no one laughs at anymore but back in the early 80's late 70's there was no one better. He made the SNL year bearable with his hilarious skits. I only wish he still had the same energy today.
 Dana Carvy

From a recent appearance it seems this guy still has it so I may just take him as is. But his younger years were good enough to make him an easy decision putting him on the team. 
 Chris Farley

Who wouldn't have this guy on their list? Seriously, I think he would be a unanimous shoe-in to anyone making a Dream List for the show. He had constant characters that were all on par with one another. I true genius of comedy.
 Jim Bruer

I may be the only person to put him on a list like this but I thought he was the funniest thing on the show back in the day. I loved his Goat boy and Stoner Man routines. The fact that he's a Mets fan gives him special consideration too of course. 
 Mike Myers

Life imitated art when this guy lost his mojo of humor these days but in the 90's he was on fire! And I'd take him back from that era in a heartbeat and have him making us laugh all over again!
 Norm McDonald

A "must" on my list. I was probably his biggest fan while he was on the show. Every time I saw his weekend update, I loved it. The man was just so funny to me. I wish he'd done more while on SNL. O my Dream Team however, he'd have top billing!
Will Ferrell

Last but not least is this guy. Funny and just about everything he did. But I loved the fact that the man hardly cracked in ANY of his skits EVER. If that's not the traits of a professional, I don't know what is!

That's my SNL Dream Team, what's yours?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This list is nearly PERFECT! Love it. Love all of them - I was a huge Norm fan back in the day. I always skip weekend update now. There are a few people I would add though. Bill Murray for one. Chevy Chase in his prime. Phil Hartmann if he was still alive. Maya Rudolph for sure - she's my favorite female cast member. I'm probably forgetting someone.

-Melton

kidcardco said...

Bill and Chase are good pics but back then Bill wasn't on top of his game (yet) and Chase lasted one season before he moved on, which is why neither made my list.

Phil had his moments, true but in my opinion wasn't better than any of the mentioned above.

As for Maya, I hate to say I don't remember a lot of her stuff so I should probably look it over some time.

Anonymous said...

Hartmann is respected as the "glue" guy while he was there. as in, he could play anything at any time. he's ranked by most as a top-5 cast member ever, and beats several on your list IMO

I beg to differ on Murray. He was totally on top at that time and killed.

Good point on the 1 season for Chevy, but man what a season.

Maya Rudolph is utterly brilliant and hilarious. Oprah, Donatella, etc etc etc

-Melton