Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Best Comedians

I love a good laugh. So here's a list of some of the funniest comedians to me:

5) Sinbad

I'm as shocked as you people are with this pick. But when I thought about it, every stand up I've seen from this guy has been a hoot so I had no choice but to put him on the list! There's something about his energy and humor that I just love and that's why he makes the list.

4) Jeff Foxworthy

For the umpteenth time I saw another one of his newer stand ups and I can't believe he hasn't lost his touch. This is a guy has re-invented his humor over and over again and each time it's just as good as the first. Every time I watch a new stand up from him I wonder is it'll be as good as the last...and I'm never disappointed.

3) Dennis Leary

Though he doesn't do much stand up these days he sure had magic back in his day. I still pop in both of his comedy DVD's every once and a while and find it has the most quotable lines than any other stand up I know. For that reason Dennis will always be one of the best!

2) Jeff Dunham

Megan's absolute favorite and my close second, this ventriloquist has rocked the comic world with his witty humor and puppetry. We own all his DVD's and he's the #1 comedy show we both want to see some day. Funny, funny, guy!

1) Mitch Hedberg

But no one beats the king of comedy himself. Cut his own life short right before he hit bigger fame, I'm happy to say I was at his last live performance (not counting his appearance on the Late Show) before he died. He was an incredibly funny guy who had incredible talent but didn't see it in himself I guess.

That's my Top 5, what's yours?




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your list is just shameful! I love Foxworthy but the rest, meh. Unfortunately, you didn't include the funniest comedian of all-time: Jerry Seinfeld.

Also, the funniest human on planet earth right now: Jim Gaffigan.

And probably the most crass, and yet insightful: Louis C.K.

Or how about an older name? Bill Cosby is a terrible human, but perhaps had the funniest comedy routine ever. Honorable Mention to Eddie Murphy.

-Melton

Anonymous said...

In all fairness though, I just noticed you did say the funniest comedians "to me". Big difference between the funniest out there, so it's just your taste in comedy. No worries!

-Melton

kidcardco said...

LOL No worries. Eddie Murphy's stand up "Delirious" is great, but the man doesn't have a winning record outside of that. Seinfeld is good, probably an honorable mention for me. Gaffigan is a hot comedian right now but I don't find him or Louis CK as funny as the ones mentioned above.

True about Bill Cosby. In fact "Himself" is a perfect 10 in humor. But his others seemed hit or miss to me.

Anonymous said...

Really? NO winning record for Murphy? Raw is great as well, and his run on movies in the 80's is almost unparalleled (Beverly Hills Cop 1 and 2, Coming to America, Trading Places, 48 Hours, etc).

Cosby makes the list because Himself is so perfect, and because the Cosby show was so great.

Seinfeld made the greatest show of all time, and the sheer mass of his bits/shows is undeniable. He's a clear cut #1.

Agree to disagree on both Gaffigan and Louis, I find them better than anyone on your list.

-Melton

John said...

Sinbad is the GOAT and manages to be hilarious without working blue. Great pick!