Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Best Disney World Rides

Continuing my "theme" of park rides (pun intended) I'm going to list my Top 5 rides at Disney World:


(TIE) 5) Peter Pan and Pirates ride

This is kind of cheating but I couldn't decide between the two of these which one I loved more. So I put them here on the list together to explain why.

As kiddie "dark rides" go, these are easily my favorite for a number of reasons. Nostalgia from riding them as a kid, years ago and the uniqueness of each one. Where Peter Pan takes you above the scenery, overlooking a beautiful miniature of England and the world of Neverland, Pirates takes you underground to a completely different time of pirates and pillaging.

Both have incredibly detailed sets and are worth the wait EVERY time you step on the ride. Love the both of them!

4) Mission to Mars

Located in Epcot, this ride makes you feel like you're traveling in space. The first time I experienced it I was blown away by it. The ride spins you around to simulate traveling at light speed through the atmosphere but then tricks your mind into thinking your weightless once you hit space, when it slows the ride down and releases the inertia on your body.

Brilliant ride!

3) Splash Mountain

First time on the ride I had no idea I was that far up for a drop that big. I loved it. So much fun. One of the rides I get most excited to ride at the Magic Kingdom. I love the characters, the theme, EVERYTHING on this ride.

I only wish I could bring my nephews on it with me just to see their faces when it hits the final drop! Too fun!!

2) Toy Story Mania

Combining a ride with a game is smart and there's a reason this ride continues to be the most popular one at the parks today. Toy Story creates so much imaginary ways to shoot things. It's never the same at each stop and I think that's awesome.

Though I try to give Megan tips on how I'm always able to win, I guess when you get on the ride you get so excited you don't see what all there is to shoot at. My tips? Look in the back and at the bottom of the screen. They don't pop up as frequent but when those marks do they're worth thousands more than what you see in the middle of the screen.

1) Rock N Rollercoaster

I won't lie. My first time watching this I was freaked out. Now? I treat it as my best friend who I can't wait to see.

The ride is fast, loud and super fun. Probably the only "thrill" ride I'll ever love but if you're ever at Hollywood Studios at Disney World, THIS is the ride for you!

That's my Top 5. What's yours?



 

No comments: