Monday, September 26, 2016

Goonies Review

Another 80s movie I saw for the first time ever this month was Goonies.

I know. Get the shock out of your system.

You see, we were supposed to see it as kids decades ago, but my grandmother went to see it before we did and hated the language and crudeness of the movie so much, she convinced mom to put it on the "forever banned" film list for us.

Thankfully I made it through life without getting much guff about not seeing this film. Because to be honest, if I were to ask you to name 10 of the best 80's movies, this wouldn't be one of them. More of a Top 20 than anything.

Anyway, I finally took the time to watch it for the first time and again had the same regrets as I did for Bill and Ted. I wish I had seen it when I was a kid and if it would have made a difference because I was bored with it completely.

Nothing really shone out to me for this film. It's shot well and the acting is good for the era but something about the story never grabbed me and I ended up bored through most of the film.

We bought it for $5 at Walmart so no money lost there. It'll just hang out in Megan's collection for now until someone asks to borrow it and never returns it. Not that I'd care.

What did you think about this movie? Am I being fair or too harsh on it? Let me know in the comments!

No comments: