Monday, May 02, 2016

Top 5 Favorite States

Happy May day folks! Let's kick this month off by listing my favorite states in the USA!

5. Florida

It makes a lot of folks lists I bet. But Florida barely made mine. I do enjoy a lot of the places I've visited and that's what kept it above the others on this list. Of course the beaches are great but Florida offers a lot of other fun things as well. Plus, I love sunshine and where else better to find that than in the Sunshine state right?

4. Tennessee

This would be Megan's #1, but for me it's #4. Though I love it for the same reasons she does. Beautiful scenery and an amazing culture. It's always fun to visit and I now know so many folks up there that it'd almost have that feel of home....almost.

3. Louisiana 

Yet as they say "There's no place like home." and that couldn't be more true for me! Yep, I love the state I live in. Not enough for it to get my #1 spot but I'm still pleased as punch to be here. The fact that my family and friends reside here is a plus of course, but I also enjoy the canjun culture as well. I'm very happy here in the Bayou State.

2. Alabama

I didn't grow up here but both my parents did and so it feels like a 2nd home. From top to bottom this is a beautiful state. My grandmother passed away a few years back so the only place I visit is down south in Mobile now but I hope many years from now when my other grandmother passes, that I'll still come back to visit this state still. Plus, I'll still have some family there in the form of Aunts and Uncles, so I'll always have my ties!

1. Mississippi

Not even close. My birth state, the state grew up in, will always be home in my heart. I love everything about this state. The people, the places, they all feel like home. I'm always happy driving thru it. It's like that comfortable pair of jeans you love so much. I still visit my home town every chance I get, though I don't know many people who still live there today.

Those are my favorite states, what's yours?





No comments: