Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Top 3 Worst things about Airline Travel

After traveling with my company for over 7 years now, I've narrowed down the Top 3 things I hate the most about airlines.

And since this seems to be a week of complaints (see Decline of the Dead) I thought why not keep the streak going with this post, so here goes!

3) Deboarding

One of the slowest things you'll ever do is get off the plane. It's hard to explain why, since boarding doesn't ever take as long. Now this could be attributed to all the idiots in front of you who have no idea how to properly de-board. Here are the overly simple steps:

1) Stand up
2) Grab your bag (while waiting for those in front of you)
3) Walk

That's it. No secret tips just common sense that most people seem to lack when it comes to this brain dead procedure.

2) Retrieving Luggage

After sitting thru an extremely long deboarding process, walking to the other end of the terminal on foot, why do you still wait another 15 minutes for your luggage to arrive?!

Let's look at the facts for a minute. You can actually SEE them loading the luggage onto a cart from the inside the plane. They even drive off at 15-20mph to get to the luggage belts. Way faster than any of us can move on foot.

HOW then are we STILL able to beat them to the drop off point, on foot, we waiting 15 minutes to deboard and spent another 5 to 10 (depending on whether you stopped in the restroom on the way over) to get there and STILL have to sit around for 10 more minutes wondering if you're in the wrong place?!

BONUS GRIPE: Why is my bag always near the end of the stack? EVERY TIME!

1) Seat recliners

But nothing (and I mean nothing) pisses me off more than the jackass in front of you who thinks he's the only person on the plane who isn't comfortable and decides to lean all the back in his chair so as to make your flight even more miserable than before?

I swear, it happens on 50% of the flights I'm on. My knees are crushed, blinding white pain and I begin to push back with all my might as the jackass in front of me wonders what's wrong with his chair.

And to top it all off, the airline I travel with (United) won't let you have an empty seat in an emergency row unless you're a "preferred customer" So they'd rather you sit bunched up in the back while all the available seats remain open.

DUMB!

Ok, I'm done complaining now. 



No comments: