Thursday, May 19, 2016

Old man report

K. So these new light bulbs were supposed to be the next best thing right? Burn brighter, last longer, good for the environment (blah, blah blah) They cost more than the old ones did and I accepted it because I bought into all the hype.

But now I see it was all a lie.

These things burn out just as fast (if not faster) than the old ones. I've bought several brands and replace them around the house every 3 to 4 months. But the old bulbs I still have installed around the house? Still burning on.

Classic example is in my bedroom fan. Where I have 2 old bulbs and two new. The two newer ones of the above design have burned out for the second time, while the old ones are still burning.

I laughed at my friend who stockpiled the old ones when he heard they were going away. Now I find myself calling him up asking if he can spare a few more.

These bulbs suck!

No comments: